Friday, August 30, 2013

They Knew

No sleep. No sleep.

Every time I close my eyes I see them... pawing, scratching and grunting.

Benny is trying to be upset for Davis. Lilly has now become the recluse. Davis spoke to me yesterday since he was relieving me of my patrol shift. I didn't say anything at first but as I was walking away he stopped me.

"They knew." Was all he said. I turned to look at him with a puzzled look on my face. "They knew I would take them out at the first sign of infection." He was making eye contact so I tried to keep my facial expression as neutral as possible. "I have been a dooms day prepper since my daddy was alive. He lived through a war. I was raised to think on my toes and do what it takes to survive. My girls shown such weakness."

I slowly sucked in air through my nose but my throat felt like it was closing up and I could feel the tears roll down my face. "Don't... just... you don't have to explain anything to me. Honestly, you did the right thing. It just.... fucking sucks. It sucks that they're gone no matter how they left, ya know?"

Davis wiped his face with his handkerchief and took in a deep breath, "Thank you. Thanks for saying that." After an awkward shuffle he gave me a one armed bro hug and I went back to my apartment to sob.

As far as I know no one else knows the full story. Other than the "leaders" of the group. I hope it stays that way. Davis wasn't sparing Lilly of much, she considers them dead just like all of her other family she can't keep close tabs on.

Out of nowhere Jeremy brought me a duffle bag and said, "it was hers." Without any more follow up he walks off. I think he needed it out of their apartment so it wouldn't raise suspension. I found small trinkets from her past that I only know vaguely of. Her wedding band, a pocket photo of her daughter and husband, a couple pieces of jewelry, clothes, and a couple letters.

I also have her weapons. She had a knife on her that I had found in the bushes by my building. It raised more questions than answers but I knew it was Buffy's weapon. I close my eyes and play the scenarios out in my mind.

Elliott is asleep in the apartment Charlie is held up in. Charlie decides to end herself in the middle of the night, maybe in the empty tub with the bathroom door closed. Charlie awakens to strange noises only to open the door to find an already mobile corpse of her sister. Stunned she stands there, reaching out to the image of her sister only to realize it's too late as Charlie chomps down on Elliott's hand. Then I don't know... Elliott runs from her sister out of the apartment leaving the door open? Once Elliott is safe she realizes she's already been bitten and is too scared to go get help?

Then as Buffy is on her way to my place she spots Charlie facing a bush? With Charlie's back to Buffy, just standing there motionless it must have freaked her out. Buffy pulled her knife and had a scuffle with undead Charlie and managed to get bit on the shoulder. Charlie feasted until Buffy began to reanimate... then they decided to pay me a visit?

I'm going to puke.

No comments:

Post a Comment