Friday, August 26, 2011

Friday

There is something in the air. Something has shifted. The dead have moved on, it must have been a loose herd that had passed through. There is still about twenty or thirty down the my block but those are easy pickings. The trees seem to be telling me something. There is a chill in the air at night now, I've taken to laying on my yoga mat and gazing at the stars. It's cool enough the undead below me on the street don't seem to catch my smell or however they know I'm there. I also have taken to finding fresh fruit around town. There are apple trees in people's yards around my neighborhood. I love apples, the way they crunch, that sweet nectar that leaks down my face as I munch on one. It makes me feel alive, rejuvenated... a part of this world again.

I've been going on riskier missions for supplies. I am a short bike ride into downtown.... I know, downtown is a horrid idea, but the plague hit when school was out so the populace was down almost 50%. The heavy flow of undead must have happened due to the earthquake. I thought for sure everything that fell down in my room would create a problem for me... but apparently the earth moving below those monsters created so much noise around them that they couldn't focus on where it was coming from. I kept shelves from caving in during the great shift underneath.

I've also made some signs I'm going to hang up around town... just in case anyone happens through here. The internet on my phone still works so I would imagine it still does with other people's. You can check this blog via mobile, so I don't see why you other people can't access it. Maybe these words will give them hope? I have to be careful though, I can't direct them to where I am through where I have posted my little fliers around town... they can't find me... not yet. But if you are out there... and you did find one of those messages I have left about... please, tell me how you are surviving... I want to know how the nomad can make it out there in the wild like that. Also, by driving around and moving around a lot...

what are you looking for?

No comments:

Post a Comment